Saturday

WINTER CRUSH

Political commentator Owen Jones has definitely become a favourite of mine. After I read CHAVS: The Demonization of the Working Class-  a brilliant read- I started reading his column in the Independent and found that ever-so-gradually I was becoming quite the groupie. Tories have him pinned as naive, pioneering the voice of the working class at every turn with relentless idealism. However, I, like many, think he is a talented writer who poses interesting ideas about the British class system. I was very happy to hear that he won the Young Writer of the Year award at the 2013 Political Book Awards.

Plus, he's not afraid to make things awkward, kudos to him for openly defending Palestine. Watch him on Question Time, he was pretty awesome.




No comments:

Post a Comment